CBP One is an application designed to streamline the process for asylum seekers to register for an appointment with a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer. As of June 5, 2024, the average wait time for an appointment through CBP One is 3 months. The appointment scheduling process uses a combination of first-come, first-served and lottery systems. Approximately 40% of appointments are allocated via lottery, meaning an appointment could be scheduled within a day or any possible period. The remaining 60% are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, which means some individuals may wait longer than 3 months. It is crucial to follow the instructions below to maximize efficiency and increase your chances of securing an appointment.

Tips for Using the CBP One Application to Register for an Appointment

  1. Register one account: Do not register multiple accounts, as this can lead to disqualification or delays.
  2. Do not pay anyone for registration: Paying someone can result in your registration being disqualified or delayed.
  3. Do not delete and recreate your account: Even if someone’s appointment is scheduled earlier than yours, do not delete your account. About 40% of appointments are allocated through a lottery system.
  4. Use the CBP One application only in Central or Northern Mexico: Do not register while outside these regions under any circumstances.
  5. Hire only licensed immigration attorneys: For assistance with the CBP One process and case preparation, only use licensed immigration attorneys.
  6. Contact an immigration attorney: Contact us to schedule a consultation in advance to discuss your case and learn what documents you need to prepare.

Attorney Ismail Shahtakhtinski and his team have helped numerous asylees and refugees properly request and secure asylum in the United States. Contact us to schedule a consultation even before you arrive in the U.S. to prepare accordingly.