The Road to the Top: Applying for the O-1 Talent Visa

Are you a highly skilled individual with an extraordinary ability in science, arts, education, business, or athletics, or have a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry? If so, the O-1 nonimmigrant visa may be the perfect opportunity for you to work and live temporarily in the United States.

Immigration attorney Ismail Shahtakhtinski has a proven track record of helping countless talented individuals obtain O-1 visas and pursue their dreams in the USA. The O-1 visa program is designed for individuals who have risen to the very top of their field, and the benefits of this visa category are numerous. So, if you are interested in taking your career to the next level, keep reading to learn how I.S. Law Firm can assist you in securing an O-1 visa for you.

Divided into four subcategories, including O-1A, O-1B, O-2, and O-3, this nonimmigrant visa offers unique opportunities for talented individuals to temporarily come to the United States with their families and continue their work in their respective fields.

The O-1A subcategory is for individuals with extraordinary abilities in sciences, education, business, or athletics. To qualify for this visa, you must demonstrate extraordinary ability by sustained national or international acclaim and be among the small percentage of top performers in your field.

On the other hand, the O-1B subcategory is for individuals with extraordinary ability in arts or extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry. To qualify for this visa, you must demonstrate a high level of achievement and recognition substantially above that ordinarily encountered in your field. To qualify, you must also be prominent, renowned, leading, or well-known in the arts field.

The O-2 subcategory is for individuals accompanying an O-1 artist or athlete to assist in a specific event or performance. To qualify for this visa, your assistance must be an integral part of the O-1A visa holder’s performance, and you must have critical skills and experience that are not readily performed by a U.S. worker. In the case of an O-2 visa holder in the motion picture or television industry, you must have skills and experience critical to the production, either based on a longstanding working relationship or because your continuing participation is essential to successfully completing the production.

Finally, the O-3 subcategory is for spouses or children of O-1 and O-2 visa holders. They may be eligible to apply for an O-3 nonimmigrant visa if they accompany or join the O-1 or O-2 visa holder later. However, they cannot work in the United States under this classification. Still, they may participate in full-time or part-time study.

To apply for an O visa, your U.S. employer, U.S. agent, or foreign employer through a U.S. agent should file Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, on your behalf, along with the required evidence according to the form instructions. The petition can be filed up to one year before your services are needed. To avoid delays, your employer or agent should file your Form I-129 at least 45 days before your employment date. A premium processing can be requested from the USCIS to have your case reviewed within 15 business days.

If you believe you qualify for an O visa and need help with the application process, don’t leave your future in the United States to chance. Schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney today using the following link: Schedule a Consultation – I.S. Law Firm, PLLC. Let us help you achieve your immigration goals and advance your career in the USA.