If you have a pending Asylum application and are considering alternative means for employment-based immigration, various types of sponsors can be considered. These include self-sponsorship based on substantial talents or extraordinary abilities, which may qualify for categories such as the Individual with Extraordinary Abilities or the National Interest Waiver.

Additionally, an employer can sponsor you for certain employment-based visas if they are willing to support your application. For instance, if you are an outstanding professor or researcher, your employer can potentially sponsor you for an employment-based visa. Family members who are U.S. citizens, such as a child over 21 or spouses, can also serve as sponsors through family reunification procedures.

It is important to note that the availability of these alternative sponsorship options may vary based on individual circumstances and eligibility criteria. Determining whether you can pursue these alternatives while remaining in the U.S. through an adjustment of status process or if you need to go through a U.S. consulate abroad will depend on the specific visa category and circumstances.

Before making a decision, it is crucial to consider potential consequences, such as the accumulation of unlawful presence that could result in a three or ten-year ban if you have to leave the U.S. Seeking the guidance of an experienced immigration attorney can help address these questions and ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the potential outcomes and the investment of time and resources involved.

While Asylum may be the only viable option for some individuals, exploring alternative avenues can be beneficial in many cases. It is advisable to consider all available options to maximize your chances of achieving your immigration goals.