What happens if I am on a K-1 visa, get married during the 90 days, but I do not file within the dates of my status?

Answer: You will be out of status, but this will not be held against you during your adjustment of status. It should not affect your case because you were legally married during your 90 day status. However, until you file your adjustment of status application, you risk of being detained as unlawfully present, in which case, your adjustment of status process will take longer and cost more. Therefore, it is always recommended to begin the process within the 90 days period.