I entered the United States with an Immigrant Visa, do I need to apply to adjust my status in order to receive a green card?

If you applied on the basis of an Immigrant Visa to enter the United States, you do not need to adjust your status. As long as you pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee, preferably before entering the United States, the green card will be created and automatically mailed to the address previously listed on your application. If for any reason you do not receive the card 30 days after entering, you can contact our firm or follow up with USCIS on the status of the card.